help needed from Tim

Go down

help needed from Tim

Post  journeystone on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi Tim I need some advice regards a len castle bowl that we are lining up to purchase. I wondered if we could email through this site or directly. I can post pics here but its similar to the the 24 cm bird head bowl we purchased on TM only this bowl is 40cm wide, I wanted to know what you thought of the p tag at 1300 in the current market? I suppose you would have to see image to be sure. Its an off market deal at present so your not rocking any boats, Very Happy . no need to comment however should you feel so inclined.

Thanks in advance and I hope your using the force wisely

Mr J
journeystone

Number of posts : 41
I collect or have an interest in: : SOVEREIGN WARE, CARLTONWARE, MAORIANA, KIWIANA, CROWNLYNN, NZ POTTERY & STUDIO ANNA
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: help needed from Tim

Post  collectiques on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi Journeystone - unfortunately Tim hasn't been around much lately as he's not been well. We hope to see him back really soon because the girls miss him -

until then perhaps someone else can comment on Len Castle although Tim is a course our resident expert (I'm sure he'd hate me saying that but it's true...lol)

collectiques

Female Number of posts : 1570
I collect or have an interest in: : Learning new things - General hoarder / dealer of Retro, NZ Pottery & Collectables-
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  TimCaulton on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:41 am

Any chance of a photo ? Some of the bird headed bowls are in fact not bird heads....but more a pinched feature to give the bowl some interest....the real bird head bowls have eyes and a beak etc.....there are owl and turtle looking ones too.

Anyway those big pacific series bowls are quite neat. Small ones sell for 500-800 in the secondary market....bigger ones for more so I reckon $1300 isn't too bad. A+O would have a better idea of current value....but by June everyone should have a better idea of what things are going for at the moment.

Male Number of posts : 1073
I collect or have an interest in: : Len Castle Ceramics
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  journeystone on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:07 am

Heres that pic Tim its 40cm across, this next pic is another we have been offered, its only 25cm across, wasnt as keen on this one, as we already have one this size

These seem to be the pinched shape, kind of bird like thou

thanks for looking at these Tim, cheers JS
journeystone

I collect or have an interest in: : SOVEREIGN WARE, CARLTONWARE, MAORIANA, KIWIANA, CROWNLYNN, NZ POTTERY & STUDIO ANNA

Back to top Go down

Post  TimCaulton on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:44 am

40cm across is pretty huge, I would be pleased with it at $1300....go for it. I notice this one has a white body, which is a bit different from my ones which have a two tone brownish colouring. Interesting.

here are my small ones

One thing though....the glaze looks ripply on the big one....is that just the lighting?

Back to top Go down

the detail

Post  journeystone on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:01 am

Hi again Tim sorry about the detail of the heads, he did send photos at my request I can find them though , its just the basic shape of a birds head, no detail at all, even so the price tag isnt to outrageous I take it, anyway they will increase over the years im sure.

cheers JS
journeystone

Back to top Go down

cool

Post  journeystone on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:04 am

Thanks for that, we posted at the same time, do you have any of the crater type ?

Js
journeystone

Back to top Go down

3rd post

Post  journeystone on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:09 am

I notice yours are smooth, it could be the lighting but its a strange affect anyway. this as I am told the last one was pucrchased originally at Ron sangs auction, it wasnt his directly but another one entered.

if its is ripply does that present a question

JS
journeystone

Back to top Go down

Post  TimCaulton on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:11 am

Nope I never got round to getting a crater one, I like the red crater ones.

Back to top Go down

Post  TimCaulton on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:13 am

journeystone wrote:I notice yours are smooth, it could be the lighting but its a strange affect anyway. this as I am told the last one was pucrchased originally at Ron sangs auction, it wasnt his directly but another one entered.

if its is ripply does that present a question

JS

Well I'm not sure, depends if you like that effect or not....personal taste possibly.....I am not sure.......it might even be a new and improved style.......

Back to top Go down

agreed

Post  journeystone on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:41 am

yes it could be a new thing, the bowls are 2008 so there recent on the scale of things, and i like the red crater type too. thanks for your input and karma

JS
journeystone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down