NZ Pottery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required Empty
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Crown Lynn Shape Guide
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 12:15 pm by collectiques

» Could the Real Titian Please Stand Up
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 7:47 pm by journeystone

» POSSIBLE Mirek Smisek BEAUTY????
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 6:25 pm by Thush

» New Titian Potteries Gallery
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:27 pm by shazz

» Fraction Marks on Trickle Glaze specials dept...
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:06 pm by collectiques

» Studio Ceramics
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 6:56 pm by glaze

» Parker Pottery photo examples
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 6:45 pm by collectiques

» Could this possibly be Titian?
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:29 pm by collectiques

» Crown Lynn # 393
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 1:38 am by collectiques

» Fakes - an opportunity to discuss authenticity...
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 11:02 pm by shazz

» NZ Brick Co from Ross at Art & Object
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:32 pm by journeystone

» Log Trough Vase ID anyone please
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:07 pm by collectiques

» Fantastic News!
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 8:31 pm by savvy7

» POTTERY ID
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:28 pm by TimCaulton

» Orzel New Zealand ~little facts you might like to know
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:58 pm by journeystone

» florence dinner sets
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:28 pm by journeystone

» spotlight on shazz,s ruby orb :-)
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 11:43 pm by collectiques

» Plate identification help
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 10:49 pm by shazz

» can you identify this puppy?
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 9:55 pm by Thush

» Under-appreciated craft potters
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:54 pm by collectiques

» can anyone identify this old plate?
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:46 pm by Thush

» Bruce Martin & Anagama
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 pm by TimCaulton

» hello,is this crown lynn?
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:31 pm by baby-k

» Len Castle Pin Dishes
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:09 am by TimCaulton

» any one recognise this mark ?
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:49 pm by TimCaulton

» Peter Shearer
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 7:09 pm by TimCaulton

» Thought it was love at first sight....
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 5:57 pm by Kate

» Glen Afton Pottery 1935-1947
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 3:32 pm by TimCaulton

» New Zealand Pottery marks
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:50 pm by TimCaulton

» Some Op Shop finds over the last 4 years
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:11 am by journeystone

» Crown Lynn Shape Guide
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:31 pm by shazz

» help needed from Tim
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:41 pm by journeystone

» Can anyone identify these please?
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:34 pm by 2ndhand_design

» Another large collection of Crown Lynn on TMe
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:43 am by J

» And one more Item for your discussion!!
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:45 pm by Thush

» Can anyone identify this mark please?
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:33 pm by Thush

» Museum of Wellington "Shaped by Hand"
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 2:47 pm by TimCaulton

» Our Des Howard platter
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 2:36 pm by TimCaulton

» Patricia Perrin
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 1:10 pm by TimCaulton

» who is Sue??
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:36 am by TimCaulton

» Crown Lynn in the Philippines
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:57 am by collectiques

» NZ Pottery?
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:43 pm by TimCaulton

» Bowl - ID please
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:29 pm by TimCaulton

» Len Castle potters mark or not?
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:27 pm by TimCaulton

» Want to rummage through a skip bin of NZ studio pottery
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:13 pm by TimCaulton

» Where art thou Tim?
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:07 pm by TimCaulton

» Pottery Id please ...
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:04 pm by TimCaulton

» Elizabeth Matheson photographic examples from A & O
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 7:15 pm by collectiques

» Mini Bohemia ware
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 4:41 pm by collectiques

» Mirek Smisek Upcoming Exhibition
Crown Lynn Cat and verification required EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 1:49 pm by TimCaulton

Social bookmarking

Keywords

shufflebotham  guide  Swan  Shape  

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required

4 posters

Go down

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required Empty Crown Lynn Cat and verification required

Post  shazz Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:29 am

ok peoples... as this is a community resorce, Im asking that we all put our heads together about this Crown Lynn cat, but since then another cat and its partner has come up for auction and they BOTH have Japan stickers on them. As the buyer of a cat was given a guarantee that an item was 100% crown Lynn, we need information about the cat that they did do. Is there anyone out there with contacts to Collectors whom have it all... or even have the infamous Crown Lynn cat. I was wondering if there was a reputable auction house that would help with this situation?? I cant get intouch with any of the BIG collectors myself.. it must be a busy season, so Im looking for other options to help out there buyer of this cat. Shocked Surprised cheers It would be a very helpful information splurt if we could get some help with this, and if it is a Crown Lynn cat, then the buyer will be over the moon.. but previous auctions lead me to belive that the cat in question, is infact Japanese.
shazz
shazz
Editor - Titian

Female Number of posts : 521
I collect or have an interest in: : Titian & Crown Lynn
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required Empty NOTE:

Post  shazz Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:33 am

some of us know who the seller and the buyer is.. but I feel it's best to keep this information confidential for now. No names or auction numbers please
shazz
shazz
Editor - Titian

Back to top Go down

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required Empty ok

Post  shazz Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:20 pm

would any of the Museaums up there have a cat?? Shocked
shazz
shazz
Editor - Titian

Back to top Go down

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required Empty Re: Crown Lynn Cat and verification required

Post  ev Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:51 pm

I read somewhere else that Crown Lynn's cat was a 'scary cat' .....
Someone has to post a pic as I want to see this scary cat now Razz
ev
ev

Female Number of posts : 351
I collect or have an interest in: : Studio pottery and the history of New Zealand Pottery
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required Empty Hiyah evy

Post  shazz Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:51 pm

yeah, it was different... i remember it being kinda kwirky, I wish I had printed the page out now.. bu&&er it all . Shocked doh
shazz
shazz
Editor - Titian

Back to top Go down

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required Empty Re: Crown Lynn Cat and verification required

Post  Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Photo kindly supplied by sirod

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required 1_cat_10

Back to top Go down

Post  collectiques Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:53 pm

wow - now that is an odd looking cat!

Great stuff though ladies ... looks like your persistance paid off ...good one cheers
collectiques
collectiques

Female Number of posts : 1567
I collect or have an interest in: : Learning new things - General hoarder / dealer of Retro, NZ Pottery & Collectables-
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://opshops.co

Back to top Go down

Post  collectiques Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:27 pm

krystal24 wrote:A Private Collector has very kindly given permission for this photo to be available.

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required 1_cat_10

oh I forgot to ask...are we allowed to use the cat in the shape guide as well Krystal24?
collectiques
collectiques

I collect or have an interest in: : Learning new things - General hoarder / dealer of Retro, NZ Pottery & Collectables-

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:19 am

The Sequel to the Japanese Crown Lynn Cat

Sadly despite precise photographic proof -

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required Japane11

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required Japane10

...I have been lead up the garden path... Crying or Very sad - the stickers say "Made In Japan' - the one I bought as Crown Lynn obviously has no sticker...

Back to top Go down

Post  hazedaze Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:38 pm

What was the trader's response to this Krystal? Surely he/she should 'come to the party' and refund you.

hazedaze

Female Number of posts : 106
I collect or have an interest in: : Anything interesting!
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi Hazedaze, He said that as far as he was concerned it was a crown lynn cat and I was happy with the trade. He then offered me another one he had - to buy - cheeky so and so. The auction was 165371332. Thanks for your interest, Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  hazedaze Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi Heather,

Cheeky would be to nice a word I'm afraid. AND, he had the audacity to call it rare....which it certainly isn't (well with his spelling it was rear!!). He's on my b/list and many others now I'm sure.

hazedaze

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:48 pm

Thanks so much for your support.... he comes from your side of the country too... I hope people do stay away from him. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  collectiques Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:01 am

Theres a lovely white Crown Lynn cat at the Auckland Museum - I'll try to get a photo next time I'm there but its up very high so fairly difficult...I need a ladder Embarassed
collectiques
collectiques

Back to top Go down

Post  hazedaze Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:33 pm

And a brick lol!

hazedaze

Back to top Go down

Post  shazz Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:39 pm

collectiques wrote:Theres a lovely white Crown Lynn cat at the Auckland Museum - I'll try to get a photo next time I'm there but its up very high so fairly difficult...I need a ladder Embarassed
You can stand on my neck jo Cool I recon it's worth it lol
shazz
shazz
Editor - Titian

Back to top Go down

Post  collectiques Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:44 pm

I'd flatten yah! lol!
collectiques
collectiques

Back to top Go down

Post  shazz Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:13 pm

collectiques wrote:I'd flatten yah! lol!
thats cool.. I need to lose some weight lol Cool
shazz
shazz
Editor - Titian

Back to top Go down

Post  collectiques Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:23 pm

pancakes can't bid on auctions... chaplin
collectiques
collectiques

Back to top Go down

Crown Lynn Cat and verification required Empty ohhhhh

Post  shazz Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:19 pm

better scratch that idea then lol, Im no good at headstand's lol
shazz
shazz
Editor - Titian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down